Sunday, March 13, 2011

mmm... Spring, how delicious! I love the daffodills, buttercups, tulip and cherry trees, but my most favorite sight is the tasty green budding out... the fresh grassy patches, the bright green weeping willows bursting forth... It's so delightfully yummy to my soul. I confess, i just want to try a nibble or two.. its got to be nourishing that color of bright spring!
I know for certain when I see those delicious trees as I drive down the streets.. as the glory of spring overwhelms my senses completely, that creation is whispering a loud shout of truth to our spirits.
You cannot pass by this fresh beauty springing forth and not be raptured by a sense of hope dawning. A sense of peace that the winter is finally passing and colorful treasures are popping out to prove that the death has passed and resurrection life has come to us.
So take a drink... a deep drink of the bright new glory whispers in the flowers and trees. Let the new life get deep inside you and taste and see that the Lord is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year Jim and I went walking in Centennial park during in spring. I really do think, it was the most glorious spring day of my life. I hope to try it again this year. There was a vanilla white tulip tree which I had never knew came in that color. It was a natural high to see it. Fantastic!

Gretchen said...

I agree with the natural high!