Monday, November 26, 2012

Psalm 116 and me


Psalm 116
I love that Adoni heard my voice when I prayed; because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.

Me: I was so distressed. My heart was broken and lost in abandonment. Lies were swirling around my head and I thought no one was listening. And I cried. Desperately.. And from somewhere came a song that made its way to my lips.. And I began to sing "Jesus loves me, this I know. For the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong. Jesus loves me, He who died. Heaven's gates to open wide. His blood washes all my sin. Let His love come pouring in.".. And I couldn't stop. Over and over because there was love washing over me with every word. And then I began to see the truth. Jesus really loves me. He has not abandoned me. His generous lavishing love was telling me so as I sang it.

Psalm 116
The cords of death were all around me, Sh'ol's constrictions held me fast; I was finding only distress and anguish. But I called on the name of Adoni; " please Adoni! Save me!"

Me: and he heard my cry. Over the roaring waterfalls of doubt rejection lies.. He listens so closely. As the deep in my heart was calling out to the deep of God. And though the waterfalls were roaring around me, my spirit began to hear the sound of the deep calling back to me. And I began to give voice to the song in my heart.

Psalm 116
Adoni is merciful and righteous; yes, our God is compassionate. Adoni preserves the thoughtless. When I was brought low, He saved me. My soul, return to your rest! For Adoni has been generous to you. Yes, you have rescued me from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from falling. I will go on walking in the presence of Adoni in the lands of the living.

Me: I didn't see that coming, honestly. I felt too burdened to imagine His peace overtaking me. But, He did. He gently redirected my heart to a place of rest and safety. His truth came in victoriously and His love demolished the liars around me. He rescued me and told me that He loves me! I was getting weary with the sorrow of loss and longing for my tears to end. And He rescued my eyes from tears when He told me that He loved me. As I sang "Jesus loves me this I know.." my heart began to awaken to His love and I knew that He really does love me. Now I can dwell in the living lands.. In His presence where life flows in the joy of His love.

No comments: