Thursday, November 29, 2012

Jesus Thinks I'm Worth It...

Jesus thinks I'm worth it! Worth suffering intense pain, mockery, rejection, beatings, floggings, injustice, nails driven through hands and feet... All for love. For your life and my life, he freely gave his. Even at the risk of our not receiving his sacrifice..
For this I give him my life. I think he's worth it too. Though I thought myself of little worth, I know it can't be true. His life was too precious to throw away for nothing. He honors me with his sacrifice. And I choose honor too. He makes it all worthwhile. This whole life, along with every trial.
Sometimes, it is quite tempting to give up hope and believe the lie that my value is lost. But, simply because the worthy one sacrificed his whole life for me, I cannot belittle his pain and endurance by believing such misunderstandings. His love is enough to make my value as precious as all the gold and ancient treasures in the entire universe combined. Amazing how this man's sacrifice can make the tattered and torn far more valuable than rubies.

No comments: